Rough Trade Gaming Community is an organization that supports a wide range of guilds. We welcome all of our 18+ Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans, and Straight friends and allies to our guilds with opportunities for both casual and hard-core gamers. The Rough Trade Gaming Community spans many years and many games, we have what it takes to provide a dynamic, diverse, and exciting atmosphere for you with thousands of new friends...
The Rough Trade Gaming Community (RTGC) began in City of Heroes (2004) where a bunch of off-color, leather-wearing, GLBT heroes-for-rent came together under the leadership of "Bigheadben" to form the superhero team Rough Trade. Soon after, with the release of World of Warcraft (WoW), these players needed to make their mark in a new universe. The Spreading Taint began as a small fledgling guild that has now grown to be one of the largest guilds in all of WoW.
Now, over a decade after we first started, our mission remains the same: to provide a consistent, dependable, friendly, and fun social experience for our members.
The RTGC franchise is much more than guilds with a bunch of gay people. In any of our guilds, you will find players from every walk of life, every sexual orientation and gender identity, every hue, and from many places, all of over the world. We welcome every style of gameplay and provide a great place for casual gamers, PvPers, and hard-core gamers. You'll find that anything goes in our guild chat and forums (as long as we respect each other of course) and that you can find a fast friend in any of our guilds. You'll also be able to meet your RTGC friends in your local area, and nationally, with our player-run local meetups and semi-annual national Meatups. In game, we're not invisible, and we support diverse GLBT-inclusive environments in all the games where RTGC is present.
So join the twink from Detroit, the gay lawyer in New York, the MtF in The South, the straight family in Seattle, the Master and his Puppy in Gnome, the Viking lesbian in Boston, the housewife in Dallas (she's a top), and that freaky dude in SF. You won't be disappointed.
RTGC currently plays the following games:
World of Warcraft. The Spreading Taint series of guilds on Proudmoore provides something for everyone, now offering both Horde AND Alliance guilds!
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Harbinger server. RTGC has two guilds in SWTOR: The Sith-allied Taint and Republic-allied Rough Trade.
Guild Wars 2 - Crystal Desert server.
Final Fantasy X|V. MagiTaint Mayhem resides on Gilgamesh server, one of the highest populated servers with the highest populated guild. First house on server and established since beta.
Elder Scrolls Online. RTGC has joined the Ebonheart Pact.
Revelation Online. Our "Taint" Guild is on the NA1 Darkfall Server.
Secret World Legends
Games in which RTGC once had a presence but the guilds are now defunct:
We expect all of our members to agree to- and abide by the following:
(1) Membership in the RTGC is a privilege, not a right:The RTGC was created to provide a welcoming community for GLBTQ players and their friends, however, being GLBT or GLBT-friendly does not entitle you to guild membership. If you cannot or do not want to follow the guidelines within this Charter, then membership here is not for you.
(2) You are all 18+, RTGC is too:The forums, social media outlets, and guild chat are adult-only zones. We talk about anything from music and film to religion and politics, to sex and sexuality. Officers will not censor conversations because they are not tasteful, or because they are explicit or extreme. If you are easily angered or offended, then you may have difficulty in RTGC. It is important that you can observe or participate in discussions as described here without resorting to insults, bigotry or harassment.
(3) Mutual respect is the foundation of our community:RTGC celebrates diversity of all types both inside and outside the GLBTQ community and is founded on a deep respect for that diversity. RTGC recognizes that all members have a right to play without harassment, and members are expected to treat each other and non-guild members with respect at all times. As a member of the RTGC, you do not have an unlimited right to free speech. Officers will intervene in chat or any other situation if it is deemed to be in the realm of harassment or is otherwise appropriate.
(3a) Some examples are:
3.a.1 Negative comments/jokes based on sexual orientation, gender, race, religion, political persuasion, age, any body-type/body part of either gender or any form of bigotry.
3.a.2 Threats of physical violence to yourself or someone else.
3.a.3 Continued, unwelcome contact with another player.
3.a.4 Unlawful activities.
(4) You are always an ambassador of the RTGC:The Rough Trade Gaming Community has a strong reputation in the gaming community and we strive to make a positive impact on both the GLBT and gaming communities. The actions of each member will affect the reputation of the guilds as a whole. You need to act with respect toward those around you in all settings.
(4a) Examples of inappropriate behavior are:
4.a.1 Spamming, trolling or insulting other players.
4.a.2 Violating game rules, EULA, NDA, Terms of Service, etc.
4.a.3 Exploits such as "ninja-looting", botting, and "Warzone afking".
4.a.4 Abuse of guild resources such as mumble, guild banks, and forums.
(4b) A note on "Rage Quitting": If a member rage quits, as defined by leaving without explaining/alerting an officer or Guild Leader, and you wish to reapply, leadership will generally not allow readmission and a review will be made of the departing player's previous impact on our player community.
(5) Using Common Sense:Not every situation imaginable is covered in this document and it is important to use common sense in all circumstances. The officers reserve the right to implement more specific rules from time to time and intervene in any situation, even if it is not listed above, if it’s necessary or appropriate for the good of the guild or its members.
NEED FURTHER EXPLANATION? Try our Supplemental Charter Rules.
RTGC Social Media (Facebook, Discord, etc) Supplemental Rules of Conduct: Members of the Facebook Group are NOT RTGC members unless registered on enjin with us. If you would like to join the RTGC Meta Guild click http://rtgc.enjin.com/application
However, the following list of rules applies to ALL RTGC members using ANY RTGC social media outlets:
6) Respect the Group/Guild Admins: Be respectful and nice. Ways to show respect to other players include: Don't make jokes, references etc to derogatory stereotypes about ethnic, religious, socioeconomic, gender groups etc. Please refrain from making jokes and/or irrelevant references to the act of rape. Don't belittle body types and no slut shaming. We provide a service, in our free time, to keep the group running efficiently. We are not paid nor are we sponsored by anyone. This simply as a labor of love. Feedback is welcome. If you believe an error has been made in moderation please post (or pm) your concerns politely and help us understand your perspective.
7) Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll and Illegal Activity: Do not post anything abusive. If you think someone else's post is abusive or offends you, please message an admin (for RTGC FB content, start with Benjamin Bon Temps. For RTGC Enjin, Lee Abadie or any guild leader). Refrain from simply "reporting" a post on FB. Messages containing descriptions of sex acts or sexuality and gender, video game violence, religion, politics, games(even professional sports), drug use (without direct endorsement), etc, are A-OKAY with us (and encouraged) as long as the messages are not abusive. Illegal content, underage sex, rape, other acts w/o consent, similar violence or links to sites with this content will be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these later examples could result in a ban.
8) Stay on Topic/Thread Drifting/Steering: Please keep discussions on the topic. We are a gaming community. More than that, we are a GLBTStr8+ gaming community. We know you all have tons to say but please keep your posts to Games (ALL types of games under the Homo Ludens ("Playing Man") definition), the games/gaming industry, glbtq news and items of glbtq interest (gender and sexuality politics, queer-related pop culture, sex, etc). Please limit meme posting by using the same rules. There is a ton of wiggle room here that leaves plenty of room for almost all of the current posts. Go nuts.
9) SPAM, Soliciting, and guild poaching: “Hey Y’all, I’m playing Hello Kitty: Island Adventure. Who is with me?” Do not spam or solicit money/fundraising for other guild/groups, do not use the group as a dating service and/or post multiple selfies, and do not attempt to poach members for guilds/groups in games in which RTGC has a presence. 9.1) Please refrain from posting shoutout threads (I'm going back to X, who is playing?) or LFG posts in general on the Facebook page. Use our forums. 9.2)Please no “Personal Solicitation” either. Examples include asking for money/items, LFBf/Gf/3rd, Hboy (looking for Boyfriend/Girl friend/3rd wheel/Houseboy). We have a “Looking for Love” forum on our Enjin site. Use it, please. 9.3)Additionally, do NOT solicit for any groups outside of the RTGC Meta Guild in this Facebook group or on the Enjin site. Those posts will be removed and repeat offenders may be banned from the Facebook group/Enjin site. 9.4) Instead, please use the Enjin site. That is what it is for. The Guild pays (a lot) for the service (plus Discord) and we get complaints that people can’t see the MMO/Gaming/glbtStr8+/Guild news of the Fbook feed for all the shout-outs. 9.5)If you have any questions about something that you think might fall under this rule please speak to Benjamin Bon Temps.
10) Respect, Trolling, Attacks, and Flaming: Always respect other people's enjoyment of things, especially games you may not necessarily enjoy etc. At all times respect one another. You don’t have to agree but you don’t have to be an ass. These are always forbidden. 10.1) It is very probable someone really loves a game you despise. Keep that to yourself. 10.2) Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotionally negative responses. 10.3) Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome. 10.4) Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. 10.5) These, along with any generally condescending posts will be removed at the admin’s discretion. If a thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion, as in trolling), it will be removed without notice. 10.6) Individual flame-bait comments in a post may be deleted at the admin's discretion. 10.7)If the thread turns into an argument, it may be removed without notice.
11) Names are very important and carry a lot of weight. Never create guilds, clans, linkshells, etc. with the names Rough Trade, RTGC, and any variation of Taint in any games. We have worked very hard, for over 10 years, to develop a legacy associated with our branding. Never create guilds, clans, linkshells with the names Rough Trade, RTGC, and any variation of Taint in any games. If you'd like to see our presence in a game, let us know on Facebook. Our Admins always give thorough consideration to member requests. However, we have very selective criteria an MMO must meet before we will invest our time and energy in an MMO… which is why we are in only a handful of games.
12) Catch all: Try to contribute some general level of positivity to the RTGC social environment. We all have bad days and occasionally venting about a quest, class or game is fine but members who seem consistently negative, critical, condescending, bitter, combative, etc may be approached by admins for a conversation. We strive to create a social experience that is pleasant and fun for everyone. If a member isn't happy/satisfied/content in RTGC, there are thankfully many other social gaming groups that might be a better fit for that person. If it is not covered here we will resort to the examples set out in our charter which can be viewed at http://rtgc.enjin.com/charter